Hey guys! so today I’ll be sharing my grandma’s famous apple pie. It’s the absolute best! I always loved it so I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do.
So let’s get started!
What you’ll need (batter):
- 500 grams of flour
- 300 grams of (cream) butter
- 250 grams of sugar
- 2 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- baking mold (30 cm)
What you’ll need (filling):
- 1 kg of gold peeled apples
- 50 grams of sugar
- 150 grams of raisins
- Add flour, butter, sugar, half of the eggs and salt to a bowl and knead them together until you have a smooth batter.
- Then sprinkle some flour on a plate and flatten the batter onto it and let it sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile peel the apples and cut them into little pieces (about 2 by 2 cm or 1 by 1 inch).
- Take half the batter, roll it out and put it in the baking mold (30 cm).
- make sure to add some batter to the corners as well.
- add about 3/4 of the apples, the raisins and the cinnamon.
- Add the rest of the apples.
- Roll out the rest of the batter and put it on the apples. use a brush and brush the rest of the eggs on the pie. And lastly use a fork to decorate.
- Then put it in the oven at 175 degrees Celsius for 70 minutes.
- And of course enjoy!
Hope you guys like this recipe. And if you have any suggestions leave them in the comments below.