Hi guys! I hope you’re hungry because today I’m sharing an easy recipe for pesto pasta! I love this recipe because it’s easy to make and it’s healthy too! You can easily make it vegetarian by leaving out the chicken. And it can even be vegan depending on which pesto you use and if you leave out the cheese. So let’s get started!
What you’ll need:
- 500 grams penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 500 grams chicken (optional)
- 90 grams pesto
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- parmesan (to taste)
- Add boiling hot water, salt and olive oil to a large pot. Add the pasta and cook for about 7-9 minutes until al dente. Rinse under cold water and drain. Then add pasta to pot with olive oil, mix and let it sit.
- Meanwhile Heat oil in a large pot over medium to high heat. Add the chicken and cook until it’s no longer pink. Then take the chicken out and cut it into little pieces and then put them back in the pot.
- Cut the onion in tiny pieces and add it to the chicken.
- Add garlic. You can use a garlic press or you can cut it in fine little pieces.
- Then add pesto and salt and pepper (to taste)
- Add the pasta to the pesto mixture and stir them together. Mix well, top with cheese (optional) and serve.
I hope you all like this recipe as much as I do. It’s one of my all time favorites! If you have any suggestions just let me know in the comments below. And don’t forget to like and follow!